Welcome to the Department of Political Science of the ULB
The Department of Political Science of the ULB offers a high-quality Bachelor programme in political science, which can also be done in a bilingual perspective – French-Dutch.
After this Bachelor programme, students are offered a variety of Master programmes to choose from, with specialisations based on expectations and career paths:
- a Master in Political Science (Politics and Government),
- two Masters in Political Science - International Relations (Peace, Security, and Conflict Studies or Global Governance and Public Policies)
- a Master in European Studies
- a Master in Public Administration
- two Masters of one year: evening programme or 100% English
- a double-degree Master with the LUISS University in Rome or with the American University.
To choose political science at the ULB is:
- Studying political science in Brussels, the capital of Europe and second largest city in terms of international institutions.
- Opening the doors of potential careers in national, European, international, regional or local institutions, as well as in the political, social, or economic world, associations, media, the private sector (consultancy, public relations), and education or research.
- Having the opportunity to conduct internships or to spend 6 months to a year in one of the 92 partner universities in 31 countries in Europe and around the world (Canada, China, Brazil, USA, Japan).
- Opting for research excellence of an internationally renowned department. For the third consecutive year, SciencePo – ULB was ranked in the Top 100 worldwide. We ranked 1st in Belgium in this field and we ranked in the Top 5 of French-speaking institutions worldwide in political science (QS World University Ranking by Subject 2016).
- Choosing for an international environment: among the faculty, teaching assistants and researchers of the Department, there are twelve different nationalities, and almost half of our students are from outside of Belgium. Our programmes integrate courses in French, English, Dutch, German, and Spanish.
- Following one of the 150 courses in our programmes. This offer combines courses in political science with courses in many fields in the humanities (law, economics, history, sociology, psychology, or statistics). Recent results of a study conducted among our students in the framework of teaching evaluations are very encouraging, with 84% of our courses that received a very positive opinion from students of our Department.
Are you convinced? Then join us!